Saturday, May 2, 2009

One week...

For the last three weeks, I've been cheering on friends and watching others get their Tri on. A week from Saturday, my Tri season gets started. I can't wait. I have no idea what to expect from my first race, but I know that I'm going to be more mentally prepared this year. I've made a pact with myself not to wuss out on the run, which in hindsight, I have a tendency to do. It hurts, I know this. I HAVE to move past that. My training runs have been solid. Ran for an hour today at about 7:10 pace, almost 8 1/2 miles, and it felt good, REAL good. I've got a number in my head that I want to hit, but it'll stay in my head for a little longer.

Ansley had a much better soccer game today. Getting involved and actually looking like she was playing! Logan, of course, did awesome! I'll have to get some pics up soon.

I know I take a lot of time away from them during the week, but Nik and the kids' support means the world to me!

2 Comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

You are going to do awesome next week - you look super strong during training. So excited for you!

tri-ing races not cases said...

You are going to totally rock next week at Lake Anna!