Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Random Disney thoughts

1) Watching our kids get to experience Disney magic was priceless.

2) I'm so glad I was able to capture so many magical moments with my new Canon XSi.

3) Those, including the ones that I didn't capture, will forever be etched into my mind.
--Ansley shaking her booty with Chip
--Ansley as the most beautiful princess we've ever seen
--Ansley's giggles on the Tower of Terror
--Lunch with the Princesses inside Cinderella's castle
--Me, getting to dance with Belle in a play
--Watching Logan duel Darth Vader with a lightsaber
--Getting to ride Space Mountain with Logan
--Logan's look seeing Stitch for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... time
--Logan's "wish" came true on his BDay-a 2' tall stuffed Stitch
--Fantasmic show at Hollywood Studios
--SpectroMagic light parade
--Our final evening watching the Wishes fireworks show

4) Even if Coach K says that walking around the Disney parks 10-12 hours a day for 7 days doesn't count as training, my feet and legs say otherwise.

5) Getting up at 6am to run or swim while on vacation is REALLY difficult, but I only missed one swim workout and that was due to a big early morning thunderstorm.

6) Swimming laps in the outdoor hotel,
kinda "L" shaped, pool gets you more open water experience than you realize. Sighting for the deadly corners and all.

7) I don't know what "on your left" sounds like to those that cannot speak English, but during early morning runs, it caused much confusion to those I was coming up from behind.

8) No matter how much fun there is to have at Disney, a 4 & 6 year old WILL meltdown, more than once.

9) Handicapped motorized carts rolling through the park are dangerous enough, let alone while the operator is using a cell phone.

10) Moms with strollers blindly walking while on their cell phones are equally dangerous.

11) The amount of food that Disney serves you each meal is actually pretty disgusting.

12) Every meal in the dining plan contains a dessert and I think I've had enough brownies and cookies for a while.

13) Yes Dana, it is possible to have TOO much dessert-I might not eat dessert for a week.

14) Staying disconnected from any computer, including any contact with Facebook or email, was easier than we thought.

2 Comments:

Abi said...

That picture of the four of you is totally priceless. I am very glad all of you had a wonderful and exciting time!! God bless the four of you.Love and Kisses

LACKEYMAN said...

Glad you guys had a great time!! When we gonna see those photos??