Sunday, August 5, 2007

One of Those Days...

So I leave my house at 6am this morning to meet my Sunday morning running group, a 25 minute drive, prepared to run 10-12 miles. Well, it's not until I pull into the parking lot that I realize I have left my fuel belt bottles and Endurox all nice and cozy in the refrigerator at home. Guess they didn't want to come out in the heat! Made the decision to cut the run short and only do 6, but I was going to make those 6 count. Finished at 7:30 pace and felt great.

I get home, say hello to the family, grab a bite to eat, and head out to cut the grass, my absolute least favorite thing to do. After 2 1/2 hours of weed-whacking and mowing it's time to get showered up. (BTW...I only got the backyard done)

Nikki's work is having a family day at the Richmond Braves baseball game. It was nice to see everyone and hang out, but I dislike baseball so didn't pay attention to the game at all. At least the company has a box so we got to stay out of the heat and the kids had a good time.

We get home from the game and it's back outside for another hour of mowing. After mowing, I start thinking about the swim workout that I need to do when, bang! Thunder. The storms keep going until well after the pool closes. For the second week in a row, I miss my long swim due to Summer thunderstorms.

Oh well, sometimes you just gotta bag it and not worry about it. Tomorrow is my rest day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

5 hours 51 minutes for a half ironman?! That's awesome. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

plus you were bummed that the eisentrouts weren't there at the Braves game this time!