Monday, February 11, 2008

What a week

So I was on call last week. To the tune of nearly 13 hours of after hours support, 5 and 1/2 of which were in one night! Every once in a while you get blessed with a week that nothing seems to go right. Last week was mine. I got woken up at least once every night last week at some point between 12am and 4:30am. At least it was isolated to the work front.

I somehow managed to get through a pretty good training week without a full nights sleep. The highlight of the week was Tuesday's weather, 75 degrees! I took off work about 4pm and headed straight home, mounted the
new wheels, and took off for a 31 minute ride outside! I was stoked to get that ride in! I noticed the responsiveness of the wheels, especially climbing. They felt really nice. I can't wait to get them out on a long ride.

The week was capped off by a 2 hour bike ride on the trainer and a 13 mile run. Nothing beats watching Star Wars Episode II with your son while you get a nice long ride in. BTW...It has only taken me 2 years to figure out that placing the barstool next to my bike is a great way to reach everything! I can place the TV and DVD remote, as well as extra nutrition and water right there! Sunday's run was outstanding! We averaged about 8 minute miles for the whole run, but dropped a 7:53 and 6:46, respectively, for the last 2 miles. Then 6:35 for the last tenth of a mile. We felt really good and strong the whole run. My nutrition is working really well on both the bike and run.

Finally, to end the week, the high wind storm knocked out our power. The entire Mechanicsville 360 corridor was out. Traffic lights and all. Very eerie. We had to drive 20 minutes out to find somewhere to eat! Our gas fireplace kept us warm until the power came back on.

I can't wait to get a full nights sleep tonight!

0 Comments: