Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Much needed recovery week

Last week was a recovery week, and a much needed one at that. I've been battling some sinus and chest congestion for a couple weeks now, so it was good to bring the volume of training down. I did get a second 20 mile run in on Sunday and finished at 8:15 pace. Never thought 20 miles would feel comfortable, but I felt much better over last week. I changed my nutrition up a bit, taking in my Hammer Gel every 20 minutes instead of 30. Of course Kevin decided to light a firecracker and run close to 7 minute miles for the last 2.5 miles. I glanced at my watch and was at 7:30 pace, beginning to hurt, so I did not partake in that nonsense.

The congestion stuff kept me out of the pool last week, so I need to get back into it.

BTW...Leave it to my good friends at
Edy's to take my favorite Girl Scout cookie, Samoas, crunch it all up and create the best ice cream ever!

Between the Samoa ice cream and Guitar Hero (for the Wii), I'll have to work out twice as hard!

0 Comments: