Monday, October 20, 2008

Inject a little speed...

Nothing like a great track workout to cure an ailing weekend.

  • My long run on Saturday was a bad one. Nothing really went terribly wrong, just felt really bad. Couldn't really recover, even late into Sunday.
  • The kids had a very bad "non listening" weekend.
  • Our Hokies lost to Boston College, again. I'm beginning to really dislike BC. They are the only team to have beaten VT on ESPN Thursday night games (We are 14-3 on Thursday night) and our only two ACC road losses (we've been in the ACC since 2004) have been to them.

At any rate, I'm back feeling good. Talked to Karen who reassured me about the bad long run. Track tonight was really good. Finished up with 2 200's that I ran in 30 seconds and 29 seconds! I still love me some speed!

Nikki's 5K a few weekends ago went really well. And she's been having some really good long runs. I'm so proud of her and what she's already accomplished.

Allie is still running into everything in the house with her pink cone head. We laugh at her when she tries to scratch behind her ears, "it's just not working, Allie". Poor thing. I spend quite a bit of time scratching her ears for her. The scab looks much better. I think after a bath and nail trimming this weekend, we'll retire the head gear.

1 Comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

So THAT was your 200 time? I wouldn't know because I was way behind you!