Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Been awhile...

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Lots going on.

It's budget time for the Richmond Tri Club. As the Marketing Coordinator I have a pretty complex budget. But I'm working on some really cool things for next year! New apparel and various advertising ideas. Our club has grown to become one of the top 5, if not top 3, largest triathlon clubs in the US. I absolutely love doing this stuff! Guess that's why I ended up majoring in Marketing-Management at VT.

Work is going well, lots going on right now. Way too many meetings than I care for, but it's all part of the job. My boss got me a BlackBerry. I now know why everyone calls them CrackBerries. Email is so instant, you just want to check all the time. I've already gotten the evil eye from Nikki, while looking at my email as I'm fixing dinner. The good thing is, with getting well over 200 emails a day, it's helping me stay on top of things.

My marathon training is going awesome! All my workouts are going well and I'm really enjoying my runs. Two weekends ago, I ran my first 20 miler since the Ironman. Actually turned out to be a really good run. Last weekend was a 2 hour run and this weekend is a 2 1/2 hour run. My speed work is so much fun right now. I'm getting faster every week. My quarter mile time is down to 1:13. That's 73 seconds for a quarter mile! I've added the Run for Read 8K to my schedule at the end of October. Last year, I ran 35:52 and placed 2nd in my age group. I can't wait to see how I'll do. And I'm still looking for a 5K to get those 3 seconds back.

Nikki and the kids are doing great. Nikki has a 5K this Saturday. I'm so excited for her and can't wait to see how she'll do. We signed up Logan for the Kids 1 mile race prior to the marathon, so he's pretty excited and wanting to "train".

1 Comment:

TriGirl Kate O said...

We had our last 22 miler this weekend! Sounds like your marathon training is going really well. I'll be out on the course cheering. congrats to Nikki on the 5k too!