Saturday, September 6, 2008

3 seconds!


So I ran the Annabelle's Angels 5K this morning. First of all, Annabelle's Angels is a wonderful organization with a heartbreaking story. I encourage you to check out their site and learn about back over accidents and how to prevent them.

Yes, that's Tropical Storm Hanna with Richmond in the center of the map. And yes, I didn't back out of my commitment to run the 5K. After all, I am an IRONMAN and am no stranger to competing in the rain. Even with the storm, I just nearly missed my goal. I really wanted to break 20 minutes. Still, 20:02, is another 5K PR for me. If I'm not careful, I'm going to start enjoying running in the pouring rain!

2 Comments:

Melissa said...

don't forget to mention that you came in 5th overall and 2nd in your AG. Way to go!

Real Deal said...

Thanks Melissa! I was so focused on those 3 seconds that I forgot to even mention that.