Sunday, September 21, 2008

Great Weekend

Our Hokies beat the Tarheels to remain undefeated in the ACC. What a great game and a solid win! Bring on Nebraska!

I got a very nice 2 hour 20 minute run in on Saturday morning. Ran with all my friends from the Sunday group. It was really good to see everyone again. It's been a while since I've been out with them.

Saturday night, we treated the kids to a camping trip. Well, just in the backyard, but they did well. We only have one small area that is flat, so the tent had to be tucked into the corner behind our garage, but it worked well. I think we'll move up to one of the local parks next time. Logan didn't sleep too well, tossing and turning most of the night. But Ansley, she slept like a rock. Didn't move the entire night. I couldn't believe it, but it was Nikki's very first time sleeping outside. She hit up Target for a new sleeping bag just that afternoon and used my good twin air mattress. I got the pleasure of sleeping on a 20 year old ThermaRest from my old Boy Scout days. I was pretty sore in the morning. I think we'll be getting a larger air mattress for the next trip!


1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

The game was awesome!!!Really enjoyed watching it. I bet the kids had a wonderful time outside.What a great way to introduce them to camping!!!!