Sunday, October 14, 2007

If you want to run faster...

Run with faster people. And that's just what I've been doing. I had a great training week and the weekend long runs went very well. It's weird to be training like a pure runner. I still haven't been back in the pool or back on my bike since the Half Ironman in September. I'm just focusing on my running for the marathon. Typically, I won't run back to back days, but to boost my weekly mileage and marathon endurance, I started this weekend. In an effort to really push myself, I stayed in the front of the groups I was with.

Here is how it shakes out...

Saturday - 12.10 miles - 1:35:32 - 7:53 per mile pace!
Sunday - 6.2 miles - 0:43:46 - 7:03 per mile pace!

I'm feeling really great about my running and will continue to push myself through the marathon.

In other news, the Hokies got another win. We now have a great matchup lined up for October 25th, when Boston College comes to Blacksburg to play "Under The Lights"!

2 Comments:

greyhound said...

I'm doing the same thing . . . well kinda. I'm pumping up my running and my speed (not quite to your pace) with my sights set on a February marathon. It has been really fun, but now I've doinked my hamstring/calf, so . . . . DOH!

Dances with Corgis said...

Dude, you were BLAZING on Sunday... you are so going to smoke me at IMLP :)