Friday, October 26, 2007

So, I learned a few things last night


1) Completely dominating a team for 58 minutes means absolutely nothing if you can't play defense the last 2 minutes. For those of you that don't follow College Football, Virginia Tech was manhandling Boston College all night and winning 10-0 with about 2 minutes left, only to lose 10-14 in the last 2 minutes.

2) A Nike Clima-FIT jacket, originally thought to be Weather-Proof, is in fact NOT Weather-Proof and can only hold off the pouring rain for about 20 minutes. After which, it becomes a bathing suit.

3) A Under Armour Cold Gear Mock Turtleneck is rendered useless when soaking wet.

4) My really nice Columbia ski pants are not totally water proof as once believed. They lasted longer than the Nike jacket. But by halftime, about an hour and a half of standing in the pouring rain, I was completely soaked, even down to my boxers.

5) Amazingly my feet and socks remained dry, thanks to my Timberland boots.

6) Traffic on I81 sucks. A 3 hour drive from Richmond to Blacksburg took 4 1/2 hours!

7) Driving in the rain sucks. The trip back from Blacksburg was a 3 hour drive in the pouring rain with 18-wheelers all over the place. Not fun.

0 Comments: