Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

I ran my first 10K of the year and the Hokies won the Orange Bowl! The 10K was great. I hadn't run in a week or so, and was only 2 minutes off my PR, finishing in 45:21. Looking forward to good things this year from my racing. I still haven't solidified my race calendar, but I will soon. The Hokies win was outstanding! Winning a BCS bowl game is great and we were able to represent the ACC with great pride. I'm looking forward to a great '09 season, in which we'll kick off against Alabama in Atlanta. Mark my words. The Hokies will play for and win a National Championship within the next two years.

Kevin left for California last Monday and has safely arrived. Took a long cross country drive, texting us along the way. Kevin, we already miss you and wish you the best. We've never had a good reason to visit California, so we are already looking at a time to head out there.

We are going through the pictures so I'll have to get some posted soon. Lots of great Christmas pics of the kids.

We're all bummed that we have to start work and the kids have to go back to school. It's been a good, relaxing, enjoyable time off. But we gotta pay the bills.

Stay tuned...

1 Comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see more pics - and congrats on a great first race of 2009.