Monday, June 2, 2008

7 Weeks!

Wow, it's getting close!

Training is going really well. This past weekend I finished up a 6 hour bike ride. Really good ride. The first 3 hours saw some beautiful weather. Low 70s with, get this, NO WIND. I didn't even know what do to. Once I got through West Point and was heading up King William Hwy, the wind picked up as storms were heading in. Luckily I only got a little rain with just over an hour to ride. All in all, it was a good 6 hours in the saddle.



Swimming is going extremely well. Feeling more and more comfortable in the water. Completed a 4000y swim on Saturday and felt pretty good about it. Will update how the lane change on Wednesday afternoon's Master's class goes.

I've got a 3 hour run coming up in a couple weeks. We'll see how my IT band holds up. So far, so good. Only need 7 more weeks of everything holding together! Got some new shoes to get nice and broken in prior to Lake Placid. They are HOT! I'll get a pic and post it.

Logan finished up his last soccer game on Saturday. Seems like the season just flew by. As the Assistant Coach, it was really cool to see how much better the kids got over the two months. I had a great time coaching those kids.

Nikki got her hair cut. Looks great! I love it! Once I get a pic, I'll post it.

My family is remaining very patient with all my training and I love them very much. They have been great in supporting me through this.

0 Comments: