Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Faster swim lane

I'm stoked that I was able to hold my own tonight in the faster lane! It made me really push myself past my comfort zone to hold the pace that the others were swimming. It hurt a bit, but most of me really enjoyed the push! The big difference in the lane change is the rest time between intervals and sets. There isn't much at all! I'm proud to say that I didn't have to take extra rest or miss any intervals!

Had my bike fit this morning. He said that there was a lot about my position that he liked and a lot that he didn't like. He made a bunch of very minor changes and tweaks to increase my power on the bike. I could already feel a huge difference in the few minutes I was peddling. I also didn't need any additional upgrades, which was good on the wallet! He noticed that my left leg, the one that I had the IT band trouble on, was folding in too much. This motion was keeping my IT band in a contracted position which would cause me much pain on the marathon leg of the Ironman. He placed two shims, very thin plastic pieces, underneath my cleat on the left shoe that prevented the left leg from folding in. I can't wait to get out and ride to see if I can feel a difference in the power output.

0 Comments: