Sunday, July 20, 2008

And they are off!

At 7am the race started! Took over 2 minutes to get everyone across the start line - there are 2200 racers participating today! The kids are still sleeping as I type this - we will head down and try to see Bryan when he is running from the water to transition to get changed and get his bike - about a 1/4 mile run. Weather does not look good today - high is going to be about 70 degrees with a 60% chance of rain all day - not fun! I hope Bryan slept better than I did - was awake from about 1am to 3am worried his alarm would not go off at 4am! Well Bryan should be at the half way point of the 1st lap of the swim...

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nikki! The live blog on the Ironman website is great to read to keep up with things. Good luck today and give Bryan a big hug at the end from us!

Anonymous said...

Nikki.. first Happy Belated BD! Second the 1:15:52 is a great time .. he must be pumped.. Even though I'm "DRY", I feel like I'm there with him!.. Go Big Guy! Thanks for keeping US informed.. as he said .. He has a great family to support him!
TG