Thursday, July 17, 2008

Finally...

We are here! Arrived at 4:30pm after 2 very long days in the car negotiating kids, roads and pitstops for forgotten items! What we have seen so far, which isn't much, of Lake Placid is that it is amazingly beautiful! Got to our room and starting un-loading the van and I discovered after trying to sit at our table and chairs that I could not because they were so close to the bed - this room is REALLY small! I checked out the diagram on the back of the door to discover that we were in the smallest room in the entire place - with 2 kids and all of our stuff - really this was not going to work! Bryan, who recognized that if he did not do something about this he may not be around to race on Sunday, called and was able to get us a much larger room - feels twice the size - with a pullout and two tv's - we gave up the view but I am sure we will get enough of that being outside! At least now we won't kill each other! Bryan went for a short run while I took the kids to the pool to try to get some energy out - not sure if it worked or not - but we are headed to bed early in preparation of a busy day tomorrow investigating our surroundings! Oh and by the way this is Nikki doing my first ever blog post so I can practice for the big day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You did great.. I had to read it twice as I thought Bryan was doing the "out of body" narrating as in the movies... can't wait for more... Tell Bryan AGAIN, he's won the Big Race and a winner.. now just concentrate on competing...Please be safe ALL OF YOU!
TG

Anonymous said...

Hang in there guys. We're thinking about you :) KJPLAM

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki: Hope you are having a good time and the kids as well, give them my love. Please tell Bryan, I am very proud of you and glad you are doing so well, Love, Mom