Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Full Focus

With Ansley doing so well, I can now turn my full focus on the Ironman.

I was stoked that I PR'd my flat 5K during the run split of the I Love the Tavern Tri a couple weeks ago (I'm still working on the race report). I ran a 21:09! Karen now has us running the Cul-De-Sac 5K series for the next two Mondays as our speed work instead of Track. Well, at last night's race, I busted out a 20:46! Karen is pleased in that my speed is coming on at just the right time.

My taper is going well so far. I had so much time this past weekend, I didn't know what to do. Karen's mantra these next two weeks is just "Speed, Sleep, & Eat". I can do that. I'm liking this speed thing.

Overall, I'm feeling really good. At this point, as long as I nail my nutrition, there is no way that I'm not going to finish. Just a matter of how far under 17 hours I can go. I have 14 hours in the back of mind, and 12 hours even farther back.


Stay tuned...